The goal is for men to become the spiritual leaders – at home, at church, at their jobs, and in their community.
- 4-5 men who commit to the group and to jointly pursue their role.
- Commit to meet at least every other week.
- Commit to daily scripture reading and prayer.
- Meet outside of their normal environment, we strongly recommend meeting around a fire pit.
- A small group is required to develop strong relationships and to ensure a strong commitment and accountability.
- Camaraderie is an essential part of truly stepping into a man’s role as a Godly spiritual leader.
- Men need to seek wise counsel from other committed men…iron sharpens iron.
- Men have an outlet for sharing issues that they otherwise would not share in a larger group.
- Weekly meetings are encouraged, but every other week works well too.
- The IRNMN group needs to become part of each others lives and part of their families’ lives. Consistent, frequent meetings are key.
- Men cannot understand God’s calling without digging into scripture.
- God commands us to understand His Word and to spend time in prayer.
- Both provide a wealth of discussion material for meetings.
(While this is not a requirement, it is heavily recommended)
- No distractions.
- Connection occurs in a natural, outdoor setting, between men and God.
- Jesus did it with His disciples.
- No awkward silences; men are comfortable staring into a fire. No one has to talk.